The following rules apply to all students competing in MIST regionally and nationally.
- Students must form/join the MIST team from their own high school. All students from a school must register together as one team.
- If the MSA as a whole chooses not to participate in the tournament, the few members who would like to join MIST can still represent their high school. It is not required to have an MSA in order to compete.
- If the high school does not have an MSA, try your best to form a MIST team open to students/faculty of any religion, gender, or national origin in your high school.
- If you are unable to form an MSA or student organization, you can:
- Try convincing another cultural organization or even your high school to sponsor MIST as an official extracurricular activity. This may help to ensure that your absence is excused if your MIST-Regional is scheduled to start on a weekday.
Home Schooled Students
Students who are at least 13 years old and do NOT hold a GED can compete in MIST. Home-schooled students can join any high school team that they choose. Email our registration team at email@example.com for any questions or concerns.